Saturday, December 12, 2009

Long awaited enjoyment!!!

Dear friends,

Here is the long awaited story! I have had a lot of fun writing it and it is finely here!

Here are the reasons that I am posting this...

~ To encourage young women in the Lord.
~ Cause women to build strong relationships with their friends but mostly sisters.
~ To give pure enjoyment to those that want to grow in the Lord.

P.s- I am writing under the pen-name of Flo Comrad.


So without further adiau the exciting story of the Gibson girls......
Six Sisters…..

Chapter one- The Gibson girls at home!

Philippians 4:4- Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

There is nothing so sweet as having a best friend and better yet for that to be your sister .
-Flo comrad…..

My name is Sara Gibson and it is my fondest wish to tell the you the story of my family and who we are by the grace of God. This is the story of my life and that of my family…
A bevy of young girls come skipping out of a large house, some carrying parasols , others books , and still others cushions and sewing. The one in the lead is Angela, and after her comes Daisy, Emily, Sara, Alana, and little Grace the darling and pet of the whole family.
“Come Daisy, you know that our governess told us that we must be studying when we are on this little outing. Come and bring me your book of Latin so that I can quiz you on it.” Angela called in a sweet toned voice.
“Oh, what does the word outing mean if we can not do the normal things that you are supposed to do?” grumbled Daisy, plopping herself down on a cushion near her older sister.
“Now dearest, would you like to bring me your Bible instead and let me show you what it says about grumbling?” asked Angela in a gentle chiding tone.
“Oh, I know that verse,” piped up little Grace who although not more then five years old already knew many Bible verses. “That verse says, ‘Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!’”
“ That’s wonderful Grace!” praised Angela as she reached over and hugged her sister.

Emily reached over and tucking a flower into the offender’s hair smiled sweetly.
“Never mind dear, I will say it with you for my Latin is in need of improvement too, our governess says.” “Do you mean that you are going to speak duck again?” asked Grace in confusion. Angela looked at Grace in surprise. “Why you silly little goose, who gave you that idea?” “Why, Alana did! She told me that you look and act just like a duck when you speak it!” Angela got off her cushion with the air of a judge and walking over to the offender spoke in mock stern tones.
“Why Alana would you dare to say such a thing about your elders?”
“Yes madam I did, oh please forgive me and I will never say such things again.” She cried, falling on her knees with a mock downcast face. “Yes my dear I will forgive you this once but never let it happen again or off to the drawing room you go for your piano work.”
All of us girls laughed merrily, for we all knew that was a small price for Alana, and in fact not to be considered a punishment at all for Alana was very found of music.
I don’t know if you have ever noticed that time is apt to run very fast when there are merry things going on, but all of the sudden it dawned on me.
“ Oh, the drawing room!” I cried out in surprise, “Mrs. Phillips will be there by now and,oh how she will scold when we are late!”


Wow, I am wonderful at leaving off at Cliff-hangers!


To be continued soon......
~ If you are inturested in printing the story out for any reason please contact me first!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet story!

    My name is Allison, and my mother reads your mother's blog. She looked at yours recently, and thought, "Oh, Allison would like that," so she sent me the link. I'm twelve, and I LOVE writing - and your blog!

    In Christ,
    ~Allison~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Allison,

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I'm sorry that I did not notice it sooner. I normally have comments sent to my email but I forgot to do it for this blog.

    I hope you have a lovely day,

    Hannah Elizabeth..

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!

Thank you so much for commenting!!!

Hannah Elizabeth...